[Nsi-wg] Query renaming

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Mon Jan 28 09:42:54 EST 2013

On Mon, 28 Jan 2013, John MacAuley wrote:

> THe agreement out of our last meeting was to introduce the querySynch()
> command to support a synchronous (blocking) summary query command.
> This operation would not support the detailed query behaviours.
>
> To maintain consistency in operation naming, I would like to break the
> current asynchronous query operation into two separate commands: query()
> that would provide the asynchronous summary query for the schedule, and
> queryDetails() that would provide the recursive tree view of the
> schedule.

Sounds good. The structure in the reply is a bit odd.

> I am open for naming changes as well.  If someone thinks querySummary()
> and querySummarySynch() are better operation names.

I'm okay with the Summary name. However I think that usually one
abbreviates synchronous as "sync", without the h. I also find the
queryDetails name a bit misleading, as it doesn't really reflect the
nature of the request. Maybe queryTree/treeQuery or queryRecursive?

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet