[Nsi-wg] OpenNSA with NSI2 up at nsi.nordu.net

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri Jan 11 05:48:10 EST 2013

Hello Tomohiro

Thank you very much for testing.

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013, Tomohiro Kudoh wrote:

> When we issued a request from AIST/GL to OpenNSA, we got the following error for the
> attached request.

> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
>   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>       <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>           <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
>           <faultstring>STP localId (urn:ogf:network:nordu.net:2012:bi-ps) is not within specified network urn:ogf:network:nordu.net:2012:ets</faultstring>
>       </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

localId need to be prefixed with full network name, so try with localId
like:

urn:ogf:network:nordu.net:2012:ets:bi-ps

(note the :ets)

(On a side note, I find the duplication between network and localId to be
somewhat unfortunate, and have added it to a document that I will send to
the list sometime. I am also not sure why we use urn:ogf:network to
denote a port).

> Don't know this is related, but "VLAN" should be all upper cases according to:
> https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc16514?nav=1
> so it should be: type="VLAN"

OK. I got mine from the NML spec (version, page 20). but it is just an
example on the spec, nothing autorative.

Not sure who wrote it, but I must say I find the document on the forge
rather confusing. It makes references to "NML:Ethernet Port" and
"NML:VLAN", neither which exists in the nml spec. Furthermore it uses both
"NML:VLAN" (still does not exist) and "nmleth:vlan" to denote vlan, but
without defining what nmleth is. The document also appears to completely
miss the targetNamespace and mix namespace and type it together in label
type.

> We request/accept upper cases only.

OK. I don't really care about the cases, but it is clear that we don't
have a clear schema or document describing these things.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet