[Nsi-wg] OpenNSA with NSI2 up at nsi.nordu.net

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Wed Jan 9 08:08:28 EST 2013

Hi

(since we don't have an NSI implementors list)

So, better late than never. But OpenNSA should support NSI2 more or less
now. I have an instance up and running for testing:

Network: nordu.net:2012:ets

Ports:

   bi-ps
   bi-nordu-netherlight
   bi-nordu-uvalight

All ports should accept (and require) labels like this:

<labels>
   <attribute targetNamespace="http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/ethernet#" type="vlan">
     <value>1782</value>
   </attribute>
</labels>

Though the targetNamespace might be optional. VLAN range 1780-1783 is
accepted. It is possible to specify candiates like source vlan 1781,
dest vlan 1780-1783 etc.

It isn't hooked up to any hardware just yet (TLS will also have to be
enabled for that).

If you have a client, feel free to give it a whirl. Please let me know of
any result, especially if something does not work.

Known issues:

Query is not implemented (yet).

Aggregation does not work (path finding with labels not implemented yet).

No modify (don't expect this any time soon).

Request with label ranges will fail with cannot connect STP to itself if
port and ranges are the same (label support isn't quite implemented
everywhere yet).

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet