[Nsi-wg] A Message Transport Layer description for NSI

Dimitris Kalogeras D.Kalogeras at noc.ntua.gr
Wed Feb 6 08:00:44 EST 2013

Hi Jerry, Jeroen /et. al/

There is a WS- standard called WS-RM (Reliable Messaging) which, I
believe, provides the requirements you mention.

In WS-RM franca there are  logically two of these agents - the RM Source
(RMS) and the RM Destination (RMD). They may be implemented by one or
more handlers in any given SOAP stack.

The RM Source:

*Requests creation and termination of the reliability contract
*Adds reliability headers into messages
*Resends messages if necessary

The RM Destination:

*Responds to requests to create and terminate a reliability contract
*Accepts and acknowledges messages
*(Optionally) drops duplicate messages
*(Optionally) holds back out-of-order messages until missing messages arrive

So I assume that NSI can request to be transmitted on top of a  WS-RM
"stream".

Cheers,
Dimitris

Dimitrios K. Kalogeras