[Nsi-wg] NORDUnet topology changes

John MacAuley jmacauley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 13:38:51 EST 2013

Would love to see this as a formal contribution instead of seeing it in slides, but I know how busy everyone is implementing.  I will reserve a full out rant for a later point in time ;-)

These points on topology were part of a presentation by Lars Fisher today at Caltech.  I can see why the discussion today was not constructive.  Can we assume a formal contribution from the r107 consortium at some point?  I really would like to avoid putting any more effort into this myself if any decisions are going to be ignored.

Changes to the NSI-NML extension
• Restrict topology ids and port ids, such that topology ids are always a prefix of the port name
• Add topology reachability and cost elements.
• (NSA peering entry becomes redundant and can be removed)

Further suggestions
• Limit prefix matching to one level.
• Restrict URI naming
• Remove the year/date constraint in ORGID for URNs.

Still a few outstanding issues