[Nsi-wg] NSI Topology

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at surfsara.nl
Wed Dec 4 06:55:14 EST 2013

Hi John,

Clear proposal, thanks!

I am halfway reading this, but have a different meeting coming up, so I
just comment on what I read.

(slide 4)
> –  An AdaptaNon can also be defined between STP of the same service
> type in the case where encapsulation/adaptation of the input service
> type results in the same output service type.

I'm not clear on the purpose of this type of adaptation (one type
encapsulated in the same type). Can you perhaps give a example?

(slide 5)
What is the purpose of having different Service Domains in a Network
Topology? Because the STP in each services domain are of a different
type? Or to describe geographic subdivisions withing a Network Topology?

Note that the former is represented in NML using multiple
SwitchingServices, and the later is represented in NML using multiple
(sub) Topologies 'in' a larger Topology (where this 'in' is formally
defined as a 'hasTopology' relation).

PS: I now see that you answered this on slide 19. Thanks, John! I love
this proposal. My head is too blurred to due lack of sleep to really
grok every character in the example, but from a first look, it looks
very, very good!

Freek