[Nsi-wg] Transition!

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Aug 15 07:04:11 EDT 2013

Hi all,

After about 10 years of research in network topology descriptions and related areas, I feel it is time for some change :)

As of September 1st I will be moving to a new job. But don't worry, I will not be going very far away: I will be moving to the education side and will be teaching at the System and Network Engineering Master at the UvA. In that position I will also have one day a week available for research, which at the start will be used to make sure that the transition goes as smoothly as possible.

I will still be attending the GLIF and NSI meetings in Singapore, but after that it is far less likely I will be able to travel or contribute to meetings.

It has really been a pleasure and privilege to work in these great communities and to have been able to (heatedly ;)) discuss ideas with international peers. You have all made me feel very welcome and every meeting of GLIF and OGF has always been a very enjoyable experience. I will certainly miss the friendly dinners in remote locations :).

Some of my responsibilities will be taken over by Paola Grosso while the research group looks for a new post-doc. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thank you all,
Jeroen van der Ham.