[Nsi-wg] uml proposal for STPs

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Sep 6 05:46:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

Let me try to see if I understand this correctly:
- The StpType identifiers refer to unidirectional ports in the topology.
- The PathType can be used to request a bidirectional reservation and then you need to use four different StpTypes, with pairs describing the two unidirectional connections

I think there is problem with the current ERO definition, because it doesn't define which part of the unidirectional connection it refers to.

A solution would be to make them a tuple, with the first element defining an ERO for the path from AendSrcSTP to ZendSinkSTP, and the second element an ERO for ZendSrcSTP and ZendSinkSTP.
This is kind of messy, because if you use multiple EROs for the multiple connections you end up with (A,B'), (B,A') (with A,B the EROs for one direction and A',B' for the other).
Perhaps we should use two separate ERO lists?

Guy mentioned during the call that you may want to add a restriction that the path for both direction traverse the same cables, or you may want to explicitly request diverse paths. I think this should be possible to request without specifying EROs. Should we add path-attributes to the request to make that possible?

Jeroen.