[Nsi-wg] Query request

michalb michalb at man.poznan.pl
Wed Oct 31 08:58:56 EDT 2012

Hans,

I found it here https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc16446?nav=1

ReplyTo can be found on 12/13 page.

br
michal

-----Oryginalna wiadomość-----
From: Hans Trompert
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:54 PM
To: michalb
Cc: nsi-wg at ogf.org
Subject: Re: [Nsi-wg] Query request

Hi Michal,

On 10/31/12 1:25 PM, michalb wrote:
> I wanted to point out a little bit of protocol inconsistance. In the
> NSI Connection Service Protocol_20_v1 doc one can read (regarding
> 'replyTo' field):

Do you know where I can find the latest version of the NSI CS 2.0 document?

> "If no endpoint value is provided in a operation request, then it is
> assumed the requester is not interested in a response and will use
> alternative mechanism to determine the result."
>
> So for some GUI purposes which surely will be behind firewall/NAT, I
> reserve, provison, etc with no 'replyTo' provided and now I'd like to
> "use alternative mechanism to determine the result" (which is query)
> and because query is async only the whole thing gets defeated. Would
> be nice to have a simple query that returns basic query result so the
> feature of not setting 'replyTo' would have more sense.

Very good point, this leaves users behind firewalls and NATs completely
in the dark about the status of there reservation. This could easily be
solved because a summary query that is supposed to only return
information local to that NSA there is no need to send the result
asynchronous.

    HansT.