[Nsi-wg] Query request

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Thu Nov 1 06:22:08 EDT 2012

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012, michalb wrote:

> "If no endpoint value is provided in a operation request, then it is assumed
> the requester is not interested in a response and will use alternative
> mechanism to determine the result."
>
> So for some GUI purposes which surely will be behind firewall/NAT, I
> reserve, provison, etc with no 'replyTo' provided and now I'd like to "use
> alternative mechanism to determine the result" (which is query) and because
> query is async only the whole thing gets defeated. Would be nice to have a
> simple query that returns basic query result so the feature of not setting
> 'replyTo' would have more sense.

Wauv; that is silly. Very good find though.

+1 for making summary query synchronous as John suggested (this would of
course mean that we are making the protocol more practical to use, which
is a somewhat new thing is this group :=) ).

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet