[Nsi-wg] Topology section

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed May 30 10:04:57 EDT 2012

The topology lookup service doesn't solve the problem of how does the
lookup service learn topology?   While it simplifies a "user"s need to
access topology, we still have to address how the lookup servers acquire
their topology and assemble a global view.

So I think a Topology Server has a great deal of merit n that it
offloads a lot of issues in topology merging and mangement, but it
really doesn't answer the process of how we discover and keep topology
state current.   Or how a network insures it is able to issue or acquire
updates promptly.