[Nsi-wg] Topology section

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed May 30 09:40:23 EDT 2012

I didn't literally mean the LDAP protocol itself, although, I would definitely argue the "it does not scale" argument.  I was trying to relate a simple interface similar to LDAP (which is a stripped down version of X.500) that would allow me to query a peer's view of the topological world.  In addition, through simple notifications I could be told when changes have occurred on topologies of interest.

I like Jeroen's P2P angle.  I did a lot of work with the peer discovery mechanisms back when bit torrent first came out as a way to reduce tracker load.  The concepts of nodes and super nodes to distribute topology is a cool idea, but we have a restricted peering model that would prevent any random NSA from communicating with any other random NSA.  Of course, we could decide to change our model to more of a P2P relationship and what the sysadmin's across the world have heart attacks ;-)

John