[Nsi-wg] Query types

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed May 16 22:49:40 EDT 2012

The summary query as defined returns the globalReservationId, connectionId, connectionState,  path, and some of the other reservation information.  This is fine for a Requester Agent that just wants to see the current status of the reservation.  Basically, it can determine the current state of the connection as understood by the Provider NSA.

The existing detailed query does the recursive traversal of the reservation tree with each NSA populating its view of the reservation.  Remember that each NSA has a completely different set of connectionIds for the overall reservation, which each NSA will put into the query response as it goes up the tree.

Your comment of the summary query being a depth=0 is true, and the detailed (recursive) query is depth=n where n is the number of NSA in the longest branch of the reservation tree.

When I say "Will query reservation detailed information held in the target NSA only.  This will include child NSA connection segment information (new connectionId, path segment, etc.) and the target NSA's version of the connection segment state." I do not mean a detailed (recursive) query of depth=1.  I still mean depth=0, but we want to return the connectionId information the provider NSA created when fanning the connection segments out to the children NSA.  This is not returned in the summary query, but is important if someone wants to walk the tree.

I could put this information in the summary query, but I thought keeping it lean would be  better idea.

John