[Nsi-wg] STPs in NSI v2.0

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Tue Jul 10 16:27:27 EDT 2012

On 09-07-2012 19:26, Guy Roberts wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> To help move along the debate on STPs, I have prepared the attached
> document which summarises the current state of discussions on STPs.
> Could you please take a look and send me your feedback by email or by
> Skype?

Hi,

Attached are a couple of examples with what I think is slightly better
syntax.

In my opinion it eliminates some of the quirkiness of the current
unidirectional/bidirectional constructs. Basically every endpoint is an
STP, which can have a source, a sink or both. The result is that you can
easily define bidirectional path requests, unidirectional path requests,
multipoint-to-multipoint path requests, and point-to-multipoint path
requests.

I heard some critique about the query part in URNs. Hence, I put the
VLAN specification in a XML subelement, and gave some example where it
is included or not. I have no preference for either the vlans in the URN
or in some other XML construct, but will ask Jeroen when he returns from
holiday (he may have some more intelligent remarks than I do). It tries
to be a bit generic about the label type, so it can be used for other
labels than a VLAN, e.g. an I-SID. (One open question if we want to make
it explicit that this is the C-VLAN ID, rather than the S-VLAN ID).

Regards,
Freek