[Nsi-wg] Presentation on Topologies

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Jan 18 10:36:23 EST 2012

Hi,

The presentation hopefully served as an introduction to the article "Path selection in multi-layer networks": http://staff.science.uva.nl/~fdijkstr/publications/multilayer-pathselection.pdf

It shows the implications of leaving out layering information and just applying graph transformations. A different approach is to include the adaptation information in the topology description itself.
The article provides algorithms for both approaches.

The point that I want to add is that leaving out the label in network topologies is very similar to applying graph transformations for multi-layer topologies.

Jeroen.