[Nsi-wg] Message Delivery Layer

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Wed Dec 12 05:34:00 EST 2012

Jeroen,

What solution are you proposing - it is not clear?

There is acknowledgement that there is a need to manage messages at the NSI
layer in deciding when to give up on a communication if no response comes.
The details of that decision (and whether you make it a different state
machine) is not needed in the Service state machine. The Service state
machine just needs to know when a message is undeliverable or when the
other NSA is unreachable. The separation of concerns allows scaling rather
than putting everything in one state machine.

Inder