[Nsi-wg] Message Delivery Layer

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Fri Dec 7 05:04:36 EST 2012

Hi,

The problem that I am trying to solve is the situation where the client is possibly behind a firewall/NAT/whatever, where the client is the only one capable of setting up a bidirectional TCP session.

Right now the NSI protocol breaks in that situation, because it insists on sending the acknowedgements through a separate channel that is independently setup by the server back to the client.

In my opinion the simplest way to solve that is indeed to make the callback optional and allow clients to poll for updates. The reserveConfirmed may or may not be sent. But getting it failed to deliver would not trigger a fault.

Jeroen.