[Nsi-wg] Topology Distribution

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Aug 7 05:38:48 EDT 2012

Hi all,

In a previous document Jerry announced the plans for topology distribution as part of the Automated GOLE demonstration. One of these is topology distribution.
We need to get started on this soon, if we want to have this ready for the Chicago demonstration.

In the attached document I've outlined the components of topology distribution, several solutions, and the way forward as we currently see it.

We already have the topology distribution on Github[1]. The complete topology (AutGOLE-Topo.owl)
is still in there. I see the following transition mechanism:

1) Implementations download the AutoGOLE-Topo and use it offline
2) Implementations use the online version
3) Implementations crawl through the master file to discover the goles (currently all hosted on github)

The topology repository is currently handled by me and Henrik. We can update domain topologies, or if you prefer, you can host the topology file on your own webserver.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Jeroen.

[1]: https://github.com/jeroenh/AutoGOLE-Topologies