[Nsi-wg] Internet2 ION at SC11

Jason Zurawski zurawski at internet2.edu
Mon Sep 19 09:22:49 CDT 2011

Greetings;

In preparation for SC11 (http://sc11.supercomputing.org/) this year, we
would like to gauge expected use of the Internet2 ION Service for
demonstrations during the conference.

As in years past, we are working to be sure that every institution
wishing to use the service has an equal chance to do so.  We will be
working with users and engineers this year to develop a "schedule" that
will allow:

    - Equal use of the bandwidth on the network between the conference
center and end sites
    - Scheduled times for testing before the show starts, and
demonstrations during exhibit hours.
    - A way to contact someone at Internet2, and SCinet, to help steer
any technical problems to the right locations

If you end site is planning on using Internet2 ION, please contact Jason
Zurawski (zurawski at internet2.edu), and provide:

    - Contact information for demo participants
    - Expected use of ION, e.g. how much bandwidth will be consumed and
where will the demo originate/terminate
    - How often you would like to run your demo during exhibit hours

Please feel free to pass along this note to colleagues who may not be
subscribed to these mailing lists.

Thanks;

-jason