[Nsi-wg] NSI Issues list – Rio de Janeiro Demo

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed Sep 14 13:46:49 CDT 2011

Hi all-

I am glad to hear folks have been keeping notes about issues relating to
the spec, and I am equally happy folks want to dive into and resolve
these issues.   However,  I would ask everyone to remember that this is
a *standards* effort, a group effort.   Not a attempt to simply solve a
problem.   By this I mean that we are trying to find *CONSENSUS* in how
and why we do anything/everything within these standards.    This means
that we should bring *ALL* of these issues discovered in the demo rush
to the working group for discussion and resolution - these are not
issues that can be solved by anyone's individual initiative.

It is important that everyone understands that if you try to solve these
issues unilaterally, you keep everyone one else from contributing to and
thereby buying into the solution.  Even an easy solution or what you
think is the obvious solution is not necessarily the proper solution.
It is important that we discuss these issues in the working group forum
_/and agree/_ to a solution.  Then we put it in the standard, and then
we implement what is in the standard.

If you have ideas for how some of these issues should be solved, post it
to the list first for discussion, or make a PPT and ask for time on a
call.   Share your ideas with the group first, and be prepared to defend
them and compromise when necessary.   This is how we build consensus
*and* good code.

Thanks!
Jerry