[Nsi-wg] NSI WG call Wed Sep 7, 2011

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Thu Sep 8 01:02:04 CDT 2011

My responses are inline.

Please note:   If any issues require changes to the global topology
description for the Rio interop test, please send those requested
changes to me.  I will review them and if appropriate change the
topology file.   This file will contain only NSI related inter-domain
information and only as is necessary for Rio testing.

We need to keep _/one/_ authoritative reference file for the global
topology or the whole thing breaks.   That reference file rests with
me.   I will post updates as necessary.

If you require additional topology information specific to your
implementation, you may append or modify this file at your own risk for
your own use only.  The base reference file takes precedence.

On 9/7/11 10:34 PM, Atsuko Takefusa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> May I confirm the descriptions of NSA and STP?
> It is really important to interoperate with the seven different
> implementations.
>
> Which is the correct "stpId" description?
> #1 urn:ogf:network:stp:Aruba:A1
For STPs, #1 is the form agreed to in SLC and in the latest rev of the spec.
For NSAids, the form:  urn:ogf:network:NSnetwork:<netname>
> #3 other?
>
> Which is the correct "requester/providerNSA" description?
> #1 urn:ogf:network:nsa:Aruba
> #2 urn:ogf:network:NSA:Aruba
> #3 urn:ogf:network:nsa:Aruba-OpenNSA
> #4 other?
Ugh, after some investigation, I think we caused some problems with the
topodb.

The NSAid is described in the spec as
urn:ogf:network:NSnetwork:<NSnetworkid>.
In the topo database, the NSA information is housed in an "NSA" object
of the form
urn:ogf:network:nsa:<NSAname>.   And there is a separate "NSnetwork"
object in the topo that gets the URN
urn:ogf:network:NSnetwork:<NSnetworkid>.   So this is rather backwards..

So my recommendation is this: where the spec says use the NSAid, we use
the URN urn:ogf:network:NSnetwork:<NSnetworkid> - just as the spec
says.   Where the code needs to reach the NSA, the code will link first
to the NSnetwork and from there to the NSA.

I hope this sheds some light on things.
JErry