[Nsi-wg] NSI service

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Fri Sep 2 07:49:36 CDT 2011

Hey John - question about the requesterNSA/providerNSA fields...see
comment in line..

On 9/2/11 8:30 AM, John MacAuley wrote:
> Looks like I have some explaining to do.  We forget that not everyone
> is participating in the NSI weekly meetings and the extra special OGF
> conference meetings.  Lucky for you, but unfortunately you miss the
> results of some of the discussions.  The is only one SOAP endpoint in
> the message and that is in the replyTo field.  We originally didn't
> have the replyTo field and the endpoints were in the requesterNSA
> and providerNSA fields, however, there was a push to make these field
> protocol independent.
>
> I wrote the new topology schema a couple of weeks ago so this is the
> first time a SOAP endpoint had shown up in the schema.  Mainly for
> discovering the ProviderNSA endpoint.  This will remove manual
> provisioning of the endpoint in each NSA. Howeve, now that we have
> this topology mechanism, we could expand it to hold the Requestor
> endpoint as well, removing the need for the replyTo field.
>
> Here is what a request should look like based on all the agreements we
> have reached.  We need to make sure everyone follows this pattern or
> chaos will prevail :-)
>
> <soapenv:Envelope
> xmlns:int="http://schemas.ogf.org/nsi/2011/07/connection/interface"
> xmlns:typ="http://schemas.ogf.org/nsi/2011/07/connection/types"
> xmlns:urn="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion"
> xmlns:xe="http://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#"
> xmlns:xd="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#">
> <soapenv:Header/>
> <soapenv:Body>
> <int:reservationRequest>
> <int:correlationId>*urn:uuid:73d32a9d-fc68-4736-9c24-99abce1aaea3*</int:correlationId>
> <int:replyTo>*http://orval.grid.aau.dk:7080/NSI/services/ConnectionService*</int:replyTo>
> <typ:reservation>
> <requesterNSA>*urn:ogf:network:nsa:Aruba-OpenNSA*</requesterNSA>
> <providerNSA>*urn:ogf:network:NSnetwork:Martinique-DynamicKL*</providerNSA>
Right here ^    Why do you specify an NSA URN in the requesterNSA field
but specify a Network in the provider NSA field ??    These should both
be NSA references.  Right?

Also, at SLC, we did not define an "NSA" URN...not that I recall.  Did
we?    I think what you have will work nicely for now, but I don't think
it is in the spec. (?)   Therefore, we should put this on the near term
dicussion list to get group consesnsus.  (we touched only on the Network
<not equal> NSA issue, but not how that should be done or what the
mapping supports, etc.)