[Nsi-wg] Issue 41 in ogf-nsi-project: Do we replace the replyTo field with a topology/NSA configuration lookup?

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Fri Oct 7 06:47:00 CDT 2011

Comment #5 on issue 41 by jmacau... at gmail.com: Do we replace the replyTo
field with a topology/NSA configuration lookup?
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=41

This also leads to another point we need to document - NSA should not
validate the requestorNSA element.  At the moment OpenDRAC validates that
the requestorNSA is a valid "nsnetwork" entry in topology.  We are now
saying that this is not a requirement as previously discussed.  Also, the
current assumption is that the requestorNSA element can be used to resolve
to the physical protocol address of the requesting NSA.

So to summarize this discussion:

1. We cannot enforce the requestorNSA to be a valid NSA or NSnetwork entry
in topology.
2. The requestorNSA element can't be used to resolve to an endpoint address
unless we introduce a formalized mechanism for all clients of the network
to also be included in this mechanism.
3. Do we change the requestorNSA to just be an informational field, and
therefore, do we need it at all?