[Nsi-wg] Pathfinding, Labels, and Topology (a bit long)

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Nov 30 04:30:02 CST 2011

Hello,

I think it's most important to identify the requirements that we have for the topology, and work from there:

- We need to have some distribution method for topology
- This method must be maintainable for changes in the network, so it should allow updates.
- It must be possible to request a connection from port A with VLAN X to port B with VLAN X.
- It must be possible to request a connection from port A with VLAN X to port B with VLAN Y.

Nice to haves:
- Dynamic availability information for both links and labels.

Do we also want to include a connection from port A to port B where you don't care about the label?

After we have the requirements, we can look at solutions, and how these solutions solve those requirements, and what the implications of those solutions are.

Jeroen.