[Nsi-wg] Interesting state machine issue with provision command.

Tomohiro Kudoh t.kudoh at aist.go.jp
Mon Nov 7 15:08:08 CST 2011

Hi John,

Is this a recoverable failure? Such a scenario, in which there are no
data plane issues but a failure is recoverable, is not considered in
the state machine. If it is not recoverable, use forced_end.

Such failures which are not caused by data plane can happen any time,
not only when a message is exchanged. If we are going to make them
recoverable, state machine may become very complicated.

This particular case may be solved in v2.0 since we will move up
confirm message to the time when a request is received (new state
machine is my homework, but it is not easy. may be we have time to
discuss during SC).

Tomohiro