[Nsi-wg] Draft NSI Connection Service Protocol document

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Sun May 8 07:45:24 CDT 2011

Peoples,

Chin commented last week on the need for symmetry in naming for both operations and the state machine.  I dropped of the WG call this week when my mobile battery died, but I will assume a detailed discussion did not take place.  I did notice Guy changed the name of the cancel and release operation, so I thought I might bring up Chin's concerns again.  These are simple changes so I do not think they have much of an impact.  These are meant to line up the operations and state machine.

Here are the current operations and a proposed change:

Request a reservation:
	reserveRequest		-> reservationRequest
	reserveConfirmed	-> reservationConfirmed
	reserveFailed		-> reservationFailed

Terminate a reservation:
	cancelReservationRequest	-> terminateReservationRequest
	cancelReservationConfirmed	-> terminateReservationConfirmed
	cancelReservationFailed		-> terminateReservationFailed

Request provisioning:
	provisionRequest
	provisionConfirmed
	provisionFailed

Release provisioning:
	releaseProvisionRequest
	releaseProvisionConfirmed
	releaseProvisionFailed

Request a Query:
	queryRequest
	queryConfirmed
	queryFailed

And the current stater machine values:

	Initial – nothing exist yet, the RA and PA are waiting the user initiation
	Reserving –a reserveRequest has been sent and the PA is attempting to make a reservation
	Reserved – the reserveRequest has succeeded and a reservation has been created
	Provisioning – a provisionRequest has been sent and provisioning is ongoing
	Provisioned (In-Service) – the Connection has been correctly provisioned
	Releasing – a releaseRequest has been sent and a release is ongoing
	Terminating (Canceling)– a terminateReservationRequest (cancelRequest) has been sent and a cancelation is ongoing
	Terminated– nothing exists any longer, a cancel request has been successful

I think this might get us closer to what Chin is looking for...

John.