[Nsi-wg] Security attributes

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Thu Mar 31 05:53:52 CDT 2011

I think it is up to the network and not a standards issue which authentication mech a service uses.   IMO The standards issue is a) what authentication mechs this protocol is required to recognize and b) how that authenticated user is used in an authorization context.

We have not formally defined NSI authorization context.   We need to do this so that we clearly define what objects and processes are subject to authorization.  Eg what authorization is required to access RA connection info vs PA connection info?  We've argued a bit about this, but have no formal NSI AA context/environment defined.

I suggest we provide a very basic AA context for v1.   This is not weak security, just very simple roles and policy.   I will draft a 1ish page AA Policy context section for review and discussion.  This will bound what v1 requires.

Sent from my iPhone