[Nsi-wg] Service Termination Points

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Mon Mar 14 11:55:34 CDT 2011

The strategy I took in defining the WSDL operations it to return the reserved connection parameters in the reserveConfirmed, and queryResult (Inder I need your slides so I can get the names correct).  These are similar to the original reservation parameters, except with the addition of connection state, the chosen guaranteed parameters, the chosen preferred parameters, and optionally the PathObject describing the chosen path (may be removed based on discussions).  I believe, with the exception of PathObject, that this would line up with discussions in Hong Kong.

As for the hop-by-hop parameters - I have left it up to the NSA implementation to decide what is returned up the tree.  I think specifying this is out-of-scope ;-)

Seriously now, I visualized that the first Provider NSA would take the sourceSTP and destSTP, perform path computation using some type of topology, then reserve this STP topology down the tree.  The resulting reserveConfirmed would contain this STP topology which, at a minimum, would be the inter-domain STP entities interconnecting the domains.

John.