[Nsi-wg] Service Termination Points

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Sat Mar 12 21:11:23 CST 2011

Hi John-

Yes.   For NSI I think we can say an STP==endpoint.

I think STPs in the abstract sense may be topological locations other
than just a port or a VLAN, but for the purposes of NSI v1.0, I think a
"real STP" is indeed a location in the topology where a connection may
originate or terminate.

(I note that I used a circular reference in the endpoint definition.
Apologies.  An Endpoint is the physical topological terminus of a
connection.)     I do reserve some flexibility in the abstraction
however.  I think there are ways we can use Service Termination Points
to indicate larger complexes of topological elements.   If folks are
intersted I will elaborate, but for now, and to be expedient with
respect to defining ReserveRequest() parameters, I suggest we accept an
adequate definition and leave additional refinement to later.

Is this helpful?
Jerry