[Nsi-wg] Presentations from OGF

Michał Balcerkiewicz michalb at man.poznan.pl
Thu Jul 21 04:17:40 CDT 2011

Hello All,

My concerns about the Query method mostly come from its asynchronous nature,
or to be more specific, no requirements for timeouts. This can pose some
problems in polling scenarios, for example web application comes to mind -
it would be rather hard for that app to show to a user his status request if
a response for query could come anytime (though ajax might help in this case
as it allows partial page updates). Anyway, in one of the presentations from
OGF I noticed this issue will be addressed, so that will make things more
clear.

Additionally, I have some doubts about the parameters that are passed to the
queryFailed method (globalReservationId, connectionId, connectionState in
GenericFailedType) - what values should be set for them?

Br

michal