[Nsi-wg] Updated NSI WSDL

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Jul 6 11:31:55 CDT 2011

Peoples,

Here is a summary of the decisions for the open WSDL items from today's call.

Open Questions:
1. Should security attributes be removed from confirmed messages?

Agreement was reached to remove security attributes from confirmation messages.  They provide no additional value and we will place a requirement on the transport layer to authenticate and guarantee delivery to intended recipient.

2. Do we need security attributes in the NsaType as well as the common message body?

We could not find a justification for additional security attributes in the NsaType if the transport layer is authenticating and validating message integrity.

3. Do we need to support a connectionId mapping to multiple child component connections for a single reservation?  The Requestor NSA references a reservation using connectionId, however, this can map to multiple Provider NSA connectionId.  Do we care about the children connection?  At one point Jerry indicated he wanted a recursive query operation so that it pulls back all children connections down the tree as well.  Currently, the WSDL assumes a summary model where the queried connectionId represents an aggregation of child states.

Agreement was reached to leave this capability out of release 1.0 of the protocol specification.  The global reservation ID can be used to query individual NSA for any associated connection segments if needed in the short term.

4. Can we change the connectionId to a URI and model as a globally unique Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN as per ITU-T Rec. X.667 | ISO/IEC 9834-8:2005 and IETF RFC 4122?

Agreement was reached to change the connectionId to a URI type and require population with a Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN as per ITU-T Rec. X.667 | ISO/IEC 9834-8:2005 and IETF RFC 4122.

5. Do we make the renaming cosmetic change?

Agreement was reached to perform the name changes as follows:

Request a reservation:
	reserveRequest changes to reservationRequest and remains rsv.rq in the state machine.
	reserveConfirmed changes to reservationConfirmed and remains rsv.cf in the state machine.
	reserveFailed changes to reservationFailed and remains rsv.fl in the state machine.

Terminate a reservation:
	cancelReservationRequest changes to terminateReservationRequest and changes to term.rq in the state machine.
	cancelReservationConfirmed changes to terminateReservationConfirmed and changes to term.cf in the state machine.
	cancelReservationFailed changes to terminateReservationFailed and changes to term.fl in the state machine.

State machine change
	Canceling state changes to Terminating.

John.