[Nsi-wg] tomorrow's NSI conf call

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Wed Jan 19 02:28:26 CST 2011

Artur,

Thanks for providing an update. I like the two states at the bottom that clarify what happens when the Cancel message is received. I have a few clarifications:

1. For the last state transitioning from ANY - Canceling - Terminating.
	- Ideally, the intermediate RA would send a Cancel message to the downstream PA and then release the resources and reservation without waiting for a release confirm?
	- Do we really need at the intermediate PA to wait to hear Rel_conf from all the downstream nodes before sending our own?

2. I missed the discussion for the two new states (Auto-start and Idle) - and really did not see this discussion in last week's minutes? Can you provide more insight why these are necessary? I do understand that they may clarify how you would do each feature like auto start vs manual start, but does it really need a different state?

3. From the state machine, the only way the circuit will come out of "In Service" state to "Idle" is when RA sends an explicit release message? There is no timer for the aforementioned state transition. Timer expiry is always the expiry of the reservation?

4. Any communication timeout (for example after sending 3 messages or so without getting an ack back) should result in the PA communicating upstream and releasing the connection unless there is a catastrophic failure?

Thanks,
Inder