[Nsi-wg] Issue 9 in ogf-nsi-project: The current statemachine does not confirm provisioning until start-time

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Thu Dec 15 04:35:18 EST 2011

Comment #6 on issue 9 by thost... at gmail.com: The current statemachine does
not confirm provisioning until start-time
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=9

So, just to be clear I don't have a fixed deadline/version for when this
should be fixed. I'm okay with deferring it to 2.0, but I do not think it
is an issue we can ignore.

I am not suggestion we remove/change to current scheme with the
provisionConfirmed/Failed, but instead that we add a message
AutoProvisionConfirmed/Failed. This will then only be send when the
Auto-Provision state is entered. I also understand that the raciness about
this around start-time, but this is relatively easy to handle IMO.

I don't think message symmetry is a value in itself. Especially not when it
hinder state synchronisation. Also, our current protocol is a message based
protocol, shoehorned into a request-reply protocol; beutiful has been off
the table for quite some time.

To rehash:

An aggregated state should not go into provisioned before it has received
provisionConfirmed from all its children. Why should it go into
Auto-provision until it has received a confirmation about auto-provision
from all its children.