[Nsi-wg] Issue 53 in ogf-nsi-project: confirmation messages for all state tranistions?

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Fri Dec 9 03:59:35 CST 2011

Comment #4 on issue 53 by thost... at gmail.com: confirmation messages for all
state tranistions?
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=53

The problem here is that an NSI agent does not know if the provision
primitive has been propagated to all children.

The only semantics we have for the initial response is that the message has
been received by the provider. What we do not know is if the request has
been authorized, send to an NRM, or even received by any children further
down the request tree.

This means that an aggregator will switch into AUTOPROVISION without
knowing if all children has received the provision request, which I think
is incorrect.

I have also thought a bit more about the general problem, and there isn't a
huge need for updates for transient states, e.g., RESERVING, PROVISIONING,
etc. However I do think that that an update for AUTO-PROVISION is needed.