[Nsi-wg] Issue 53 in ogf-nsi-project: confirmation messages for all state tranistions?

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Tue Dec 6 06:49:12 CST 2011

Comment #2 on issue 53 by thost... at gmail.com: confirmation messages for all
state tranistions?
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=53

Just an update for this.
I'm currently refactoring OpenNSA quite a bit and I am running into all
sort of odd corners for aggregation.

If an aggregate state is supposed to only switch into a state once all
sub-connection have switched into this state it is impossible for the
aggregated state to move into auto-provision as there is no confirmation
message for moving into that state. Of course we could use the reserve
reply message for this indication (i.e., the initial reply in the same http
stream, NOT the provisionConfimed callback ). However there is no
well-defined meaning that reply so this isn't really an option either.

I am not buying the whole burden of unnessary/ineffiency. If you want a
fast, optimized protocol, we should have picked something else than
SOAP+WSDL, and avoid the callback structure and switch to message based
system, where we could have message for each state update, but with less
messages in total.