[Nsi-wg] Rio Inter-Domain Topo Ring v1.1a

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed Aug 31 11:54:44 CDT 2011

Here is an update on the inter-domain topology OWL file (the Rio Ring).

---> I deleted the intra-domain Ports.

---> Corrected a mispelled object name.

---> Added the csProviderContact URL to the NSA object for Aruba
(OpenNSA), Bonaire (OpenDRAC), and Curacao (AutoBAHN.)  Others- please
forward me a contact place for your NSA.

---> Added Admin contact info to the NSA adminContact field.

Note- the SNE graphical display only shows a single link between objects
for connectTo, and mapsTo relations...The RDF is actually correct in
showing relations both directions, but the editor somehow combines them
to a single line.

This topology now contains only NSnetwork objects, STP objects, and NSA
objects.

Each implementation will need to edit this topology file to map their
STPs to the corresponding internal ports.  The mapping is done by
inserting the string representing the internal port into the "mapsTo"
field of the corresponding STP.   A reverse relation should be provided
mapping the internal port to the STP.   Each NSA/network must do this
for every STP in their assigned network.

Each network is free to define an internal topology as is most
convenient for them.  The only requirement on internal topology is that
the STPs defined in the inter-domain topology must map to internal ports
with the following characteristics:  a) 1000 megabits/second max
capacity, and b) untagged.

If your internal topology is static, you can send me your updated OWL
file and I will integrate the mapsTo fields into my global topology file
and then subsequent topology updates will have your mappings already
included...

Tip:  The DToX ontology used for the Rio NSI Topology still supports the
Node, Port, and several other topology objects.   These can be used by
the respective networks to define internal topology that is compatible
with the inter-domain topology if they so choose.

If you need *ANY* help with this at all, explainations, advice,
questions, etc... PLEASE!!! Let me know!   We are up against the wall
now...simple is better...If I can simplify things for you I am glad to
do so.

Best regards!