[Nsi-wg] Topology updte

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed Aug 31 04:16:32 CDT 2011

Hi all - especially the NSI Rio Plugfest participants/developers...

I have a new Plugfest Guide version 1.1 and the new Rio Ring topology
OWL file.

Key changes:

- More participants (seven)

- The topology specification model has changed:   !!!
     -- It now has 3 new objects: "NSnetwork", "STP", and "NSA" objects.
in addition to the previous Node, switchmatrix, and Port.
     -- The new objects correspond well to the NSI CS topology model.
     -- It separates inter-domain NSI objects, and intra-domain physical
topology.
See plugfest guide for more details.

- The Challenge topologies have changed.
     -- All the challenges can use a single topology.  (with a minor
caveat I need to fix).
     -- Each NSA implementation will be assigned to a particular network
in the "Rio Ring" topology.
- The test runs are now variable depending upon which NSA is under test.
     -- The RA and PA NSAs vary and the selection of endpoints is based
upon the test objectives and available NSAs.

The reason we made these changes was to address the test matrix
growth.   Even though we have still an artificial data plane topology,
we can use the real URLs to reach the NSAs where they are being
developed.  This means one topology file will (should) suffice for all
the tests.  But until/unless all NSAs are up and online, the testing
will be limited.

Please note that there are some edits I still need to complete after
discussion today on the NSI call.

Also, I still need the URL for the NSAs for OSCARS, G-Lambda(s), and
DynamicKL.

Thanks