[Nsi-wg] NSI specific topology recommendation for plug fest.

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Thu Aug 25 07:09:19 CDT 2011

That is a good question.  I like the way you track vlans in the current  port object.  Very simple.  However, it is not really modelling the concept of a vlan service topology.  With the STP concept being a port abstraction, we need a way to point an STP to underlying network constructs.  For example, in one version of STP I pointed it to an Ethernet port and had stored a vlan id in the STP to indicate the STP was modelling a specific vlan.  Jerry pointed out that this would complicate the STP definition, and therefore, we should point it to a modelled vlan instead of directly to a port.  Is NML planning on modelling Ethernet services as another topological layer with dedicated objects?