[Nsi-wg] WSDL update

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Tue Aug 16 09:01:25 CDT 2011

Originally I had the same concerns since I was implementing it as one SOAP endpoint, however, the argument for the separation is reasonable.  A few of implementations are physically separating the RA and PA functions into separate software modules.  In addition, there are cases where people my only implement the RA or PA functions.  Since the WSDL is an interface contact, it makes sense to expose only those messages supported by the SOAP endpoint.  If an RA was compiled with the complete message set there could be confusion with what is supported if someone is doing WSDL discovery.

For implementations like OpenDRAC that will implement both RA and PA I was going to also include the original service WSDL that contains both RA and PA definitions.  In the end I did not since I can easily build this by merging the two before compiling.

You can do something similar and only expose a single SOAP endpoint if desired.

John.