[Nsi-wg] NSI-CS initial SD for Ethernet transport

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Sun Apr 10 21:23:59 CDT 2011

Hi Guy-

I have given up for now trying to generalize a Service Definition
schema.   XSDs just don't provide the indirection we need for this...so
I am punting on the generic SD schema for now.   Instead, I have opted
for an example Service Definition for an Ethernet Transport Service.
The workings are the same - its just that now whoever defines the
service deployment will also need to know how to edit this XSD.  So be
it...(for now).   We may not need even the XSD if we can effectively
document what an XML service definition should look like.  Oh
well...This will work for v1.0

Attached is the latest version of the Ethernet Transport Service service
definition.   Also attached is a autogenerated PDF of the same SD.

The generic SD has two basic parts: the Name, and the Attirbute List.

If all would look this through...   The important issues that need
inspecting are:
--- Are the Service Attributes sufficient (what attributes are missing?)
--- Are the Service Attributes defined correctly?  (should the ranges be
different? should defaults be differnet?...

Please let me know.