[Nsi-wg] Reservation request message

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed Apr 6 11:29:24 CDT 2011

I changed the <securityAttr> element to <sessionSecurityAttr> as requested.

I have gone through the other changes and need to discuss the structure of the reservation in your modified example:

   <reservation>
      <globalReservationId>urn:uuid:e7712ca0-d85f-4176-8f43-2981a988813a</globalReservationId>
      <description>This is an example schedule request.</description>
      <connectionId>1234567890</connectionId>
      <serviceDefinition>file://user/jerry/EthernetFramedPayloadService.xml</serviceDefinition>
      <serviceParameters>
         <sourceSTP>
            <networkId>NORDUnet</networkId>
            <localId>cph-ps</localId>
         </sourceSTP>
         <destSTP>
            <networkId>netherlight.net</networkId>
            <localId>urn:ogf:network:domain=netherlight.net:node=f25s1t:port=0-21:link=dlp01.surfnet.nl</localId>
         </destSTP>
         <authorizationAttrib>
            <certificate>c450f23a</certificate>
         </authorizationAttrib>
         <bandwidth>
            <bytesPerSecond>1000</bytesPerSecond>
         </bandwidth>
         <maxBurstSize>
            <bytes>100000</bytes>
         </maxBurstSize>
         <directionality>bidirectional</directionality>
         <schedule>
            <startTime>2011-05-30T09:30:10-06:00</startTime>
            <endTime>2011-05-30T10:30:10-06:00</endTime>
         </schedule>
      </serviceParameters>
   </reservation>

You have added some additional elements here within the reservation, and modified by definition of bandwidth.  Can I assume you do not want these as dedicated elements but flexible attributes as discovered from the Service Definition?  Do we need to have required and best effort SD attributes?  For example, could we specify these either using your SD schema, or the <AttributeSequenceType>

         <guaranteed>
            <attribute>
               <attributeName>maxBurstSize</attributeName>
               <attributeValue>100000</attributeValue>
               <attributeValue>bytes</attributeValue>
            </attribute>
            <attribute>
               <attributeName>bandwidth</attributeName>
               <attributeValue>1000</attributeValue>
               <attributeValue>bytesPerSecond</attributeValue>
            </attribute>
         </guaranteed>

We could break out a specific attributeUnit to make it even clearer.

         <guaranteed>
            <attribute>
               <attributeName>maxBurstSize</attributeName>
               <attributeValue>100000</attributeValue>
               <attributeUnit>bytes</attributeUnit>
            </attribute>
            <attribute>
               <attributeName>bandwidth</attributeName>
               <attributeValue>1000</attributeValue>
               <attributeUnit>bytesPerSecond</attributeUnit>
            </attribute>
         </guaranteed>

I know you want to have SD attributes that are not defined until after the fact, so we  need to be careful to clearly define the XSD structure in a generic way.

John.