[Nsi-wg] Reservation request message

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Tue Apr 5 23:15:31 CDT 2011

The intent (I am a novice XML/XSD developer) is now that we develope a
workable XSD that describes an Etehrnet transport Service.   This will
be the Service Definition.   Each network can modify theirs slightly to
reflect minor service differences.  The SD is distributed with topology
and so is stored in the topology DB with the associated network/domain
node.

The Service Request is received by an NSA.  The NSA starts by locating
the origination STP in his topologyDB, and finds a SD associated with
that network.   He validates the SR with the SD.  If thats good, he
creates a child segment and forwards that to that network for
reservation.   He modifies the SR to reflect new endpoints, and repeats
the process.

For what I expect DRAC would do...  The DRAC NSA would recieve the SR,
look at the end points, find the origSTp network SD, validates the
SR.xml using the SD.xsd, if ok, he will issue a child segment to that
network.  The NSA will modify the SR to reflect new endpoints, find the
next hop network, grab the SD, validate the SR, issue the child resv,
and repeat.   When the NSA creates a segment of just localorig and
localdest, it will know its time to send the request to DRAC.  IT will
look up the endpoint names in a local name table and pull the associated
DRAC designators outand return them.  The NSA will insert the DRAC
designators into a package for DRAC and send it off.

Is this helpful?