[Nsi-wg] Connection services in ION and ESnet..

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Thu Sep 30 09:50:41 CDT 2010

Hi all-

In our GN3 SA2-T1 wg regarding the Bandwdith on Demand service, we were
discussing bandwidth granularity requirements.

Could folks from ESnet and I2 comment on what you think appropriate
granularity should be for these types of connection services and why?

In the SA2-T1 group, applications such as FTPs, videoconferencing, etc
were brought up - indicating a wide range of possible bandwidth
requirements...

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated.