[Nsi-wg] connection timing issues

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Wed Oct 6 19:52:24 CDT 2010

Attached is a revised description of connection timing issues.  This is revised from the set of issues I sent out yesterday, which includes changes from our discussion today.
I include changes suggested by Tomohiro, Radek, Jerry and Inder.  I hope this can help move discussion forward.

The issue of whether there needs to be a notify when a connection is established seems to me to be orthogonal to the other issues, but may not be.  If there is reason for it to be included in the timing issues described in the first sections of this paper. If so, I am hoping someone can make that case explicitly.