[Nsi-wg] [Fwd: Re: Another NSI protocol requirement]

"Joan A. García-Espín" joan.antoni.garcia at i2cat.net
Mon Mar 15 05:52:57 CDT 2010

Hi Gigi, Jerry, all,

I pretty much agree with Jerry's comments: NSA should be unaware of
their position in the service plane as a whole* in order to allow high
modularity and easy re-planning of the service plane; although a given
implementation may make them aware of it for specific purposes or
optimisation, but not as a general rule.

In any case, a response is needed. The question, in my viewpoint, is
the level of details to be included in the response. From the app
side, is it good to have a detailed response? What must be included
there? Did you also have this in mind, Gigi? Jerry's suggestion is a
good basis and it is not blocking either synchronous or asynchronous
messaging implementations.

* Although local awareness is needed. Note that this does not mean
that they don't know who they are and what their role is w.r.t. their
neighbours.

My best regards,
--
Joan A. García-Espín