[Nsi-wg] [Fwd: Re: Another NSI protocol requirement]

Gigi Karmous-Edwards gigi_ke at ncsu.edu
Sun Mar 14 09:41:36 CDT 2010

Hi Jerry,

I do think that the initial NSA provider bears some extra responsibility
in replying back ....

Imagine a chain model where the request was made by a user and then
somehow the messages got lost or never made it th the "next-hop" , there
may be a case where the information back to the user is lost with no
real "responsible party".  In my opinion, the initial NSA should carry a
little extra of a load in this, after all, it is the point where
translation from user request to network resource request occurs. The
end user must have one point of contact for each request she or he
makes. It will be very difficult for the user to keep up with all the
other NSA-NSA calls that are made on behalf of the one request.

Thanks,
Gigi