[Nsi-wg] Topology virtualisation

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Tue Jun 22 13:52:56 CDT 2010

Off-topic, Inder Monga wrote:

> Are B1, B2 or the dark colored circles the external interfaces aka the STPs?

What's an STP? :)

I made a few circles red and green.

I specifically did not name them. Personally, I think about red as "end
point" and green as "network edge", but I did not want (or dare to)
touch upon issues as if the green dot in A connecting to B is the same
green dot in B connecting to A, and if network C should announce any
dots in the first place (being a link without active network equipment,
but with a policy; I thought of it as a transcontinental link). Also, in
network virtualisation, what once was a network edge is no longer an
edge in the virtualised domain. Should I still make it a green dot or
not? I just picked one choice, hoping no one would ask. :)

Feel free to supply your own names. STP is as good as any other name.

Regards,
Freek