[Nsi-wg] updated NSI framework doc

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Fri Jul 23 16:04:15 CDT 2010

Guy

Some Comments and a summary section. I was feeling it was ending too abruptly.

Inder

1.     Summary

The Network Services Framework defines several key architectural elements required to define and build services within the Network Service Plane. The framework describes an environment within which network objects are defined as manageable resources.  Within the framework, these network resources can be selected, allocated, interrogated, and manipulated by software agents on behalf of requesting users.

A suite of standards documents will define the NSI protocol.  Those documents will implement the NSI Framework as described here. In addition, each Network Service, like a Conection Service, will be defined in its own recommendation document.

Federated Network Services are delivered by combining the capabilities of participating providers.  To manage federated services, a range of network related functional capabilities such as topology sharing, path finding, resource reservation, hardware provisioning, and other ancillary services and functions are required.  These may be formalized in future versions of the NSI protocol.

On Jul 23, 2010, at 3:56 AM, Guy Roberts wrote:

> The NSI framework document has been updated as discussed in Wednesday’s call:
>
> http://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc16014?nav=1
>
> Could you please make take a look to confirm that your specific change requests have been correctly incorporated?
>
> Once the group is agreeable I would like to submit this as a draft.
>
> Guy

---
Inder Monga	     ANI Testbed
imonga at es.net        ESnet Blog
(510) 499 8065 (c)   (510) 486 6531 (o)
"Whatever your mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."  - Napoleon Hill