[Nsi-wg] Google document for NSI architecture requiremnt capture

Guy Roberts Guy.Roberts at dante.net
Fri Feb 26 06:43:30 CST 2010

Hello All,

As discussed in the last call I would like to refine our working processes to improve the productivity of the group.

I note that over the past year I have accumulated more than 1000 emails on NSI discussions and minutes for 80 hours or more of discussions in meetings and conference calls - these contributions have been a fantastic contribution that has really led to a great analysis and refinement of the NSI concepts.

To help summarize this information into a clear set of NSI requirements I have created a new Google document.  This is designed to complement the existing 'Glossary of NSI terms'.   This 'NSI Requirement Capture' document  is intended to be a communal document where everyone can review the current NSI requirements and add their own additions and comments.

I have kicked this off this with what I believe to be a summary of the basic NSI requirements.

You can edit both documents here:

Glossary of NSI definitions:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ac4ZeyIu2P2YZGhrNHRtdjJfOTNkdzViZndmaw&hl=en

NSI requirement capture:
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dfxr4bzk_342hfm8n2gj

My intention is that the Glossary will be a list of 'defined' NSI words with a minimal definition for each term.  Since this is a working document, these may be refined or added to  over time.

The  requirements document is intended to be a place where well characterized requirements (requirements that can be implemented and measured) are gathered.  This is also a working document, and requirements will be refined or added to  over time.

I would encourage you all to take a look at both documents and make contributions.

Guy
Guy  Roberts,  Ph.D

Network Engineering & Planning
DANTE - www.dante.net<http://www.dante.net/>