[Nsi-wg] NML topology

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Sun Feb 21 15:08:07 CST 2010

On 21/02/2010 18:20, John Vollbrecht wrote:
> Attached is set of ppt slides to describe interdomain topology.  I
> hope this helps - it is based on conversations in the NML group, and
> is my understanding of what the Glossary of terms that Guy is
> reviewing (and I think will review next Wed).

I just want to clarify my view of the conversation we have had in the
NML group about this issue. This was mainly a discussion between myself
and John wherein I tried to understand the NSI issue of describing
inter-domain topologies.

The current NML topology model does not have "Points". Nor do we
currently have plans to add them. *Unless* there is a use-case showing
the need of Points, which clearly outlines why it is not possible to
describe domain boundaries with the current NML Topology model. So far,
I have not seen such a clear and valid use-case for "Points".

Jeroen.